||A FREE Genealogy
Report and Website
August 13, 2002 -- Version 1.1.2
- NEW: Can now print a person's lifespan in the Tree View.
- NEW: Can now print a person's Lifespan in PrintTreeView2PDF.
- NEW: TreeWallChartPDF: Hourglass/Ancestor/Descendant wall charts.
Replaces the DescWallChartPDF script.
- FIX: General bugs.
June 23, 2002 -- Version 1.1.1
- FIX: No longer crashes when GEDCOM file has more than 32000 individuals.
June 22, 2002 -- Version 1.1.0
- NEW: Added ability to stop scripts from within Tree view window.
- FIX: Tree View's chart is not limited in size (only limited by available memory).
- NEW: Options to limit the number of generations on the Tree view & to remove
duplicate branches from the Tree View.
- NEW: Additional "Views" that show more detailed information on people.
- NEW: PrintTreeView2PDF: create PDF file with contents of TreeView Window.
- NEW: DescWallChartPDF: Draw a descendant tree to a PDF file.
- NEW: ListWhereEventsFound: Lists individuals & families that have a specified fact/event.
- NEW: ListSourcesForIndividual: Lists all sources attached to individual and spouse families.
- General Fixes and modifications.
- NEW: PDFScribe:
- Component that allows PDF files to be easily created.
- May be licensed for use outside of GedReporter.
- FIX: Allow assignment of objects to Tag properties.
- FIX: GEDCOMs created by The Master Genealogist didn't have a space before/after
surname. (I believe TMG is in error here, but I correct for it anyway).
- FIX: Compensated for incorrect usage of Text records. Many programs incorrectly
break text among multiple GEDCOM lines, which effectively removed whitespace
between certain words.
- FIX: Various other bugs.
- NEW: GDAssistant Object - Provides commonly used querying operations.
- NEW: Completely supports GEDCOM v5.5 standard
- Exceptions (Not Supported): Embedded objects and custom tags.
December 16, 2001 -- Version 1.0.1
- NEW: Added licensing features to gbScriptEngine and GEDCOM_Lib - these components may be licensed for use outside of GedReporter.
- FIX: Fixed problems passing variables/expressions to byref parameters.
- FIX: Byref parameters returned on methods Called by name (ie. Late Binding).
- FIX: Branch statements convert the expression to boolean -wasn't compatible with VB6.
- General bug fixes.
October 7, 2001 -- Version 1.0.0
- Forms (GUI) available from scripts (using Internet Explorer)
- Individuals who's confidentiality can't be determined will default to "Confidential"
now. This is a preference setting.
- FIX: Compiler bug in GBScriptEngine due to call-by-name result not Variant.
- NEW: GEDCOMdb - Can return collections of all the fact/event types in the GEDCOM file.
- FIX: MultGenerations: no more pages with the title "Confidential Ancestry".
- FIX: Lineage Charts: no more titles of "Confidential Lineage".
- FIX: ExportDatabase2Web: fixes error when database is empty or all individuals are confidential.
- FIX: IndividualDetails & dependent scripts: birth/death info printed for correct spouses.
- ListWheresourceIsUsed: Added form to make selection of source easier.
- NEW: ListAllPlaces: List all places in the database.
- NEW: ListMultipleNames: List all people with more than one name.
- NEW: ListMultipleEvents: List all people and families with duplicate facts/events.
- General bug fixes.
September 7, 2001 -- Version 0.4.1 Beta
- GedBrowser has been renamed to McMartin's GedReporter.
- The SurnameList script will correctly list aliases now.
NOTE: Versions 0.4.0 and older were named GedBrowser.
September 5, 2001 -- Version 0.4.0 Beta
- Everything has changed!
- Completely redesigned script engine, Tree browser, and Gedcom database.
- General Basic Script Engine (GBScriptEngine)
- The script language has been redesigned to be a subset of Visual Basic.
- Now based on COM technology, so other COM services can be used within a script.
- Scripts compile and run MUCH faster...up to 100 times faster!
- Project based scripts, just like Visual Basic.
- Syntax Coloring in the script editor!!!!
- Script engine is independent of GedBrowser. Contact the author if you wish to
use gbScriptEngine in your own projects.
- GEDCOM Database (GEDCOMdb)
- Superior GEDCOM support for the GEDCOM 5.5 standard and 5.5.1 draft. Most records and tags supported.
- More reliable and flexible GEDCOM support. (Sources are now handled correctly)
- GedBrowser main application (Tree Browser)
- Many, Many more changes...
December 10, 1998 -- Version 0.3.0 pre-Beta
- An improved user interface.
- Ability to hide data on people possibly still alive.
- Enabled multiple file scripting by using library files.
- New FamilyRecord and SourceRecord data type.
- Greatly improved debugging ability.
July 15, 1998 -- Version 0.2.0 pre-Beta
Copyright © 1997-2008 Douglas McMartin.